5 януари 2014 г.

Bulgarian Burek (Banitsa)

The Christmas and New Year holiday traditions in Bulgaria include to have burek on the table. We often make it for breakfast too. So this Sunday I decided to bake one for the late breakfast, even the holiday season has just finished. The original recipe I've read in some women lifestyle web site. I haven't copied the recipe from there and later I just improvised with the products and the quantities. I've baked lots of bureks and I can say this is my favorite one, the easiest one and the most delicious one. I strongly recommend it. You must try it and I can bet you'll fall in love with that one.




Ingredients:

500 grams phylo pastry
8 eggs
400 grams plain yogurt
150 ml soda
150 ml vegetable oil
400 grams white Bulgarian cheese (ot Feta cheese)
10 grams baking powder

Method:

1. In a big bowl mix together the eggs, yogurt, soda, oil and baking powder.

2. In another bowl break the cheese into small pieces and set a side.

3. Grease baking pan with little oil. Take one piece of the phylo pastry and screw it up into a ball and put it in the pan. Do the same with the rest of the half of the phylo pastry. When the bottom of the pan is full spread the cheese crumbs on and pour on the half of the egg-yogurt mixture. On top of it proceed the same way with the rest of the phylo pastry and pour on the second half of the egg-yogurt mixture.

4. Bake in a preheated 180 C oven until golden brown.

5. When it's ready take it out of the oven and put the baking pan upside down using 4 cups for each corner of the dish. Leave it to "rest" for 15 minutes. Enjoy!

DO NOT use non stick pan, because when you put it upside down your burek will fall down!

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...