12 януари 2014 г.

Apple Phylo Pie

My mother was my guest last weekend and she brought me one package from my favorite Turkish phylo pastry. It's so thin and nice to work. I decided to make something sweet and I improvised with apple pie.




Ingredients:

1 package (500 grams) phylo pastry
3 big apples
1 cup ground walnuts
1 tsp cinnamon
40 grams melted butter
2 cups white granulated sugar
2 cups water
1/4 lemon

Method:

1. Shred the apples unpeeled and mix them with the cinnamon and the walnuts.

2. Take one piece of the phylo pastry and put on one side one - two spoons from the apple mixture. Sprinkle some melted butter and roll. Put it on baking dish. Proceed same way with the rest.

3. Bake in a preheated at 180 C oven until golden brown. When it's ready put it out of the oven and leave it to cool.

4. Meanwhile put the sugar, water and the juice of the lemon in sauce pan. Put it on the stove on medium heat and let it boil for a while. Pour the sugar sauce over the pie and let it rest few hours. Enjoy!

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...