8 октомври 2013 г.

Cabbage Rolls With Beef And Chickpeas

I love cabbage rolls. I love them most with minced meat. I also love chickpeas and hummus. I was about to make some hummus today, but friends from Israel brought me some from there. That's why I had some ready boiled chickpeas and I needed to do something with it. I really didn't have any idea, but I remind myself I have some cabbage leaves in the fridge. So I made something new and not traditional. The combination of pickled cabbage, minced beef meat and chickpeas is very tasty and believe e you need to try it. There it is what you'll need:




Ingredients:

3 Tbsp olive oil
1 yellow onion
1 carrot
0.500 kg boiled chickpeas
0.250 kg minced beef
parsley
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp paprika
1 Tbsp savory
1 Tbsp dry mint
salt


Method:


1. Warm the olive oil in a frying pan and cook the chopped onion and the shredded carrot until they become soft.

2. Add the minced meat, chickpeas and the spices. Cook until the meat is ready.

3. Scoop one full table spoon of the mixture into the center of each cabbage leaf and roll them up, making sure to tuck in the ends.

4. Place the rolls in a lightly greased baking dish and bake them about 40 minutes on 180 C or until golden brown. 



Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...