3 октомври 2013 г.

Onion soup

There it is! The first snow for this winter is a fact and I have the honor to enjoy the nice view of Vitosha Mountain from my window.


The cold weather outside makes me hungry for something warm and tasty. That's why today I want to share with you one of my favorite recipes for soup. I'll be honest with you. I was very, very skeptical about this kind of soup, but as a typical food lover, my curiosity was stronger so I tried it.  My boyfriend loves it so much, he wants me to cook it once a week. I did small research and read many recipes, but in the end I did this.


Ingredients:

4 - 5 yellow onions
4 - 5 cloves garlic
2 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp olive oil
100 ml white wine
1 liter beef or vegetable broth
2 bay leaves
thyme
salt
white pepper
Emmental cheese
Toasted bread slices

Directions:

1. Cut the onion in thin crescent slices and put it in a pot together with the butter and the olive oil. Cook until soft and slightly caramelized.

2. Add the wine, spices and the broth. Cook another 20 minutes.

3. Serve hot with shredded Emmental cheese inside and toasts.

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...